Our Business law team regularly deals with sale of business agreements. Purchasing or selling a business is exciting time for you and your business. Proper attention needs to be paid to the ins and outs of such a significant transaction.
You need lawyers who:
- know what needs to be done.
- are confident in negotiating the terms of the sale.
- are efficient in settling the deal.
- can do all this while causing the least possible disruption to your business.
What's the benefit in talking to a lawyer about your business?
There are risks in running any business. Saving money in the short term by not using a lawyer can cost you much more in the long run.
We’ve seen that issues can arise in relation to:
- Security interests held over assets of the business.
- Stamp duty payable on businesses that operate interstate.
- Unduly onerous restraint of trade periods.
- Inadequate business asset and debt disclosure.
- Transferring employees.
- Unequal termination rights.
- Inadequate or missing Small Business Disclosure Statements.
- Transferring leases and mortgages.
- Calculation of adjustments.
If any of these issues arise for your business, you need to get great advice and we can help you with that. But we'd prefer to help you to avoid these issues arising at all.
We're ready to help you
We can assist in:
- Drafting, reviewing, advising and negotiating contracts of sale on behalf of vendors and purchasers.
- Drafting and reviewing accompanying retail or commercial leases and mortgages.
- Drafting and reviewing Small Business Disclosure Statements.
- Walking you through the completion process, including obtaining the required documentation and consents, and calculating adjustments.
- High level advice on stamp duty obligations.
We would love to talk to you about your business and how we can help.
If you want to talk to a lawyer who understands business law, call us on (03) 9629 9629 or send us an email at email@example.com.
Business Law Menu
By Reshma Farrer One of the most valuable assets for businesses is their name. It is how customers know who you are and whether they can trust you. However, often businesses have more than just one name – they could have their legal name, business name, trademark or domain name – and each of…Read More
We recently acted for a Not For Profit organisation in a Fair Work Commission dispute. There was an issue related to the payment of an Employment Termination Payment (‘ETP’) to the terminated employee, namely whether ETPs can be salary sacrificed? Salary Sacrifice Arrangement A salary sacrifice arrangement (‘SSA’) or salary packaging or total remuneration packaging…Read More