Our Business law team regularly deals with sale of business agreements. Purchasing or selling a business is exciting time for you and your business. Proper attention needs to be paid to the ins and outs of such a significant transaction.
You need lawyers who:
- know what needs to be done.
- are confident in negotiating the terms of the sale.
- are efficient in settling the deal.
- can do all this while causing the least possible disruption to your business.
What's the benefit in talking to a lawyer about your business?
There are risks in running any business. Saving money in the short term by not using a lawyer can cost you much more in the long run.
We’ve seen that issues can arise in relation to:
- Security interests held over assets of the business.
- Stamp duty payable on businesses that operate interstate.
- Unduly onerous restraint of trade periods.
- Inadequate business asset and debt disclosure.
- Transferring employees.
- Unequal termination rights.
- Inadequate or missing Small Business Disclosure Statements.
- Transferring leases and mortgages.
- Calculation of adjustments.
If any of these issues arise for your business, you need to get great advice and we can help you with that. But we'd prefer to help you to avoid these issues arising at all.
We're ready to help you
We can assist in:
- Drafting, reviewing, advising and negotiating contracts of sale on behalf of vendors and purchasers.
- Drafting and reviewing accompanying retail or commercial leases and mortgages.
- Drafting and reviewing Small Business Disclosure Statements.
- Walking you through the completion process, including obtaining the required documentation and consents, and calculating adjustments.
- High level advice on stamp duty obligations.
We would love to talk to you about your business and how we can help.
If you want to talk to a lawyer who understands business law, call us on (03) 9629 9629 or send us an email at email@example.com.
Business Law Menu
Check out the latest edition of the Directions Newsletter. This edition dispels some myths about common Family Law issues, gives some guidance on the effect of a recent court decision Vasudevan as Liquidator of Wulguru Retail Investments Pty Ltd (In Liquidation) (“Wulguru”) –v– Becon Constructions (Australia) Pty Ltd (“Becon”) & Anor  VSCA 14 in relation to what…Read More
Are you involved in a business with a turnover of more than 3 million? Do you receive health related information? If you answered yes to either of those questions, then the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) applies to you and you will likely have to make some changes. Some of the key changes are: 1. You…Read More