Leasing Law - Residential, Commercial & Retail
Our Business law team has a vast range of experience in leasing law. We regularly act for property owners, developers, landlords and tenants.
Leases that are not drafted and reviewed by experienced professionals can cause serious issues for you and your business. Our team is across the laws for residential, retail and commercial leases. You can have confidence that we will ensure protection of your rights and obligations to the best of our ability.
Potential complications can arise in relation to:
- Which party is to undertake and/or pay for repairs
- Which outgoings are payable by which party, and reasonable estimates of outgoings
- Whether the provisions of a retail lease are consistent with the obligations in the Retail Leases Act 2003 (Vic)
- Adequate retail lease disclosure statements
- Assigning a lease
- Renewing a lease
- Rent reviews, including market rent reviews
We can help you avoid common pitfalls of leasing law from the outset. We strongly recommend obtaining advice before you enter into or renew a lease so talk to us before you sign.
We can assist in:
- Drafting, reviewing, advising and negotiating on behalf of landlords and tenants of retail, commercial and residential property
- Reviewing, advising and negotiating on interstate leases
- Drafting the required disclosure documents on behalf of landlords of retail leases
- Drafting and advising on any notices required to be given under the lease
Get back to doing what you do best.
Let us handle your leasing headaches. Protect yourself, and your business, by seeking legal advice on your leasing arrangements today. Call us on (03) 9629 9629.
Business Law Menu
By Joshua Davis The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has given a fresh warning that 2017 is the year to remedy unfair contract terms and prioritise the protection of small businesses. This announcement by the ACCC’s Deputy Chair follows the introduction of the new business-to-business (“B2B“) unfair contract terms laws in November 2016. (You…Read More
Make sure you get your PPS Registrations right. The recent decision of the case of In the matter of OneSteel Manufacturing Pty Ltd (Administrators Appointed)  NSWSC 21 is a sobering reminder of the importance in ensuring that your PPS Registrations are accurate and in compliance with the Act. The judgement is unequivocal confirmation that registrations…Read More