We are passionate about privacy law.
Privacy laws and regulations continue to evolve alongside the rapidly advancing global and IT based market, making it necessary for businesses to stay on-top of these relevant legal considerations. Government agencies and all businesses and not-for-profit organisations that have an annual turnover of over $3 million have obligations under the Privacy Act, including the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”) which regulate the collection, use and storage of personal information about individuals with whom entities deal.
Our team is well-versed around the provisions of the Privacy Act and its practical applications, providing you with reassurance that your business is in safe hands.
We are frequently asked questions such as:
- How businesses should manage credit-related information
- The types of disclosure of information that are permitted
- What to do if a privacy breach occurs
- How information stored in a cloud affects privacy obligations
- How to ensure information is kept adequately secure
We can help you avoid potentially breaching the onerous privacy obligations, and keep you updated about the constantly changing legal requirements. We can do this by:
- Preparing or reviewing privacy and/or credit reporting policies
- Providing advice in relation to privacy concerns around third parties
- Advising on your business’ compliance with the laws governing privacy procedures
Talk to us today about your concerns relating to privacy and how it impacts your business.
Business Law Menu
Privacy – it’s a broad topic so save time and read the top 5 things we think you need to know. 1. There is no general common law or legislative right to the protection of personal privacy in Australia By personal privacy, we mean the protection of a person’s private life. This is distinct from…Read More
Are you involved in a business with a turnover of more than 3 million? Do you receive health related information? If you answered yes to either of those questions, then the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) applies to you and you will likely have to make some changes. Some of the key changes are: 1. You…Read More