Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions – does anyone even read them? Yes!
The terms governing your business’ arrangements are more important than you think. Getting your terms and conditions right can save you enormous headaches later down the track if things don’t go according to plan. Unfortunately, many businesses fail to address this important aspect of customer agreements until it is too late and assets have vanished or messy litigation is pending.
Protect your business with great Terms and Conditions
Well drafted terms and conditions can protect your business by:
- Allowing your recovery of your costs if you take legal action against a debtor
- Allowing registration of security interests on the Personal Properties Securities Register
- Making a director personally liable for a debt
- Enabling registration of a caveat to ensure repayment of a debt
- Clarifying termination rights
- Not giving unnecessary warranties
- Compliance with new ‘unfair contracts’ legislation
Our clients have successfully sued on terms and conditions that we have drafted – and won. Don’t put off updating your terms and conditions until it’s too late.
Business Law Menu
We recently acted for a Not For Profit organisation in a Fair Work Commission dispute. There was an issue related to the payment of an Employment Termination Payment (‘ETP’) to the terminated employee, namely whether ETPs can be salary sacrificed? Salary Sacrifice Arrangement A salary sacrifice arrangement (‘SSA’) or salary packaging or total remuneration packaging…Read More
We are delighted to announce that Adren Choon and Reshma Farrer have been admitted to practice as solicitors at the Supreme Court of Victoria. Lewis Holdway Principals, Natalie Fielding, Paul Holdway and John Wardlaw, said it was exciting for the firm to witness and facilitate the development of Adren and Reshma after both completing combined Bachelor…Read More