Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions – does anyone even read them? Yes!
The terms governing your business’ arrangements are more important than you think. Getting your terms and conditions right can save you enormous headaches later down the track if things don’t go according to plan. Unfortunately, many businesses fail to address this important aspect of customer agreements until it is too late and assets have vanished or messy litigation is pending.
Protect your business with great Terms and Conditions
Well drafted terms and conditions can protect your business by:
- Allowing your recovery of your costs if you take legal action against a debtor
- Allowing registration of security interests on the Personal Properties Securities Register
- Making a director personally liable for a debt
- Enabling registration of a caveat to ensure repayment of a debt
- Clarifying termination rights
- Not giving unnecessary warranties
- Compliance with new ‘unfair contracts’ legislation
Our clients have successfully sued on terms and conditions that we have drafted – and won. Don’t put off updating your terms and conditions until it’s too late.
Business Law Menu
Are you involved in a business with a turnover of more than 3 million? Do you receive health related information? If you answered yes to either of those questions, then the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) applies to you and you will likely have to make some changes. Some of the key changes are: 1. You…Read More
Legal Lewis presents the Lewis Holdway Legal Service Packages… from as little as $495 a month^. For your peace of mind, we offer two new legal services packages. Both packages provide telephone and face-to-face access to a lawyer when legal assistance is required.* Legal issues can be dealt with efficiently, without the worry of having to make a…Read More