Employment & Workplace Law
Lewis Holdway Lawyers has been helping employers deal with workplace law issues since 1991.
We work with you to solve and trouble shoot potential workplace issues. We work with a range of clients from small and medium businesses and Not for Profit organisations.
Our team is committed to helping you find workplace solutions that are sure and certain in outcome and price.
Employment/Workplace Law Menu
We're ready to help your business
We offer a range of products and services to help you formalise your workplace relationships. We can tailor workplace agreements to suit your workplace and your price.
We can provide you with:
- Employment Agreements
- Workplace policies
- Workplace investigations – We can guide you through the process of a workplace investigation or undertake it on your behalf.
- Ombudsman investigation – We can help you respond to the Fair Work Ombudsman’s investigation, from the response to notification, to acting on your behalf in proceedings issued by the Ombudsman for contravention of the Fair Work Act.
- Advice on Unfair Dismissal Claims and Adverse Action claims
- Enterprise Bargaining Agreements
- Consultancy Agreements
- Contractor and sub contractor agreements
- Volunteer Agreements
- Volunteer Code of Conduct
- Volunteer Workplace Policy
- Restraint of Trade protection advice
- Workplace Law Legal Services Packages
Federal Parliament is foreshadowing strong new penalties for employers who underpay their workers, including the introduction of criminal penalties. Recent Cases Underpayment has hit the headlines recently as George Calombaris has been ordered to pay a fine of $200,000 for the underpayment of $7.8 million. The penalty of $200,000 has been labelled as inadequate by…Read More
A recent decision by the Fair Work Commission (‘FWC’) found that a former Foodora rider was an employee rather than an independent contractor as purported by the delivery platform and therefore entitled to unfair dismissal protection. The decision of Joshua Klooger v Foodora Australia Pty Ltd could have far-reaching impact for other gig economy companies…Read More